[Fsf-friends] Re: [??.??.??.?] Red Hat signs MoU with Kerala govt

V. Sasi Kumar sasi.fsf@[EMAIL-PROTECTED]
Mon Jun 11 18:21:43 IST 2007

On Mon, 2007-06-11 at 18:06 +0530, Mahesh T. Pai wrote:
> "V. Sasi Kumar" <sasi.fsf at gmail.com>
> writes:
>

> > There could be problems. But commercial support is also not of very high
> > quality. Our experience is that we don't get support when we need it,
> > the support personnel think that we are idiots, but these people often
> > know little. I remember a guy who came to add a CD writer to a computer
> > we had. The user had little clue about how to do it, and I think the guy
>
> Can you name the entity?

The company? I don't remember, and I think I never knew. The computer
belonged to a colleague and I saw this happening when I just went to
meet him. Right now, one of our Divisions has purchased what is called a
NAS from Wipro. Over the last few months, people have been coming and
trying to install it properly. This has Open BSD embedded, I think. The
people who come have no clue about Unixes and know to work only on M$
Windose.

Best
--
V. Sasi Kumar <sasi.fsf at gmail.com>