Re: [Fsf-friends] Re: [കേ.ശാ.സാ.പ] Red Hat signs MoU with Kerala govt

Mani A a.mani.cms@[EMAIL-PROTECTED]
Fri Jun 8 04:46:18 IST 2007

On 6/8/07, Praveen A <pravi.a at gmail.com> wrote:
> 2007/6/7, Mani A <a.mani.cms at gmail.com>:
> > How good is the support provided by the project ?
>
> Can you elaborate a bit on what do you mean by support here? We don't
> have any "products", we work closely with the upstream (debian, gnome,
> kde ...) and we develop applications for local needs (text to speech,
> voice recognition, input methods ...).

I mean technical support as is provided by a company like Red Hat. A
large section of  the people in administration think that it is
compulsory. They will not like to rely entirely on their in-house IT
staff.

> > Usability studies suggest that sticking to lesser number of usability
> > models is a bad idea.
>
> So you are suggesting to change things randomly, just like that
> without consulting the people involved, or without giving any reason?
> There is lot of work done to build such a vast network. We want to
> know what is wrong with it, why such a change now...

The news report says nothing about the School-level project.
There is scope for many more such projects...Where did anybody say
anything about the school project going wrong ?  Does the IT at school
project have a set of resource persons to provide guidance to
Governments? Red Hat has done its home work  .... that is clear.

Best

A. Mani
Member, Cal. Math. Soc