Re: [Fsf-friends] Re: [കേ.ശാ.സാ.പ] Red Hat signs MoU with Kerala govt

Praveen A pravi.a@[EMAIL-PROTECTED]
Fri Jun 8 00:45:27 IST 2007

2007/6/7, Mani A <a.mani.cms at gmail.com>:
> How good is the support provided by the project ?

Can you elaborate a bit on what do you mean by support here? We don't
have any "products", we work closely with the upstream (debian, gnome,
kde ...) and we develop applications for local needs (text to speech,
voice recognition, input methods ...).

> Usability studies suggest that sticking to lesser number of usability
> models is a bad idea.

So you are suggesting to change things randomly, just like that
without consulting the people involved, or without giving any reason?
There is lot of work done to build such a vast network. We want to
know what is wrong with it, why such a change now...

> > This is really a shocking news!!!
>
> Nothing shocking ... the diversity is very important.

... such a move from a government with stated policy of supporting
Free Software and knowledge society. The essensial factors for such a
society is the participation from everyone involved, transparency of
actions ... When actions are not fully in line with the policy it is
shocking (it might cease to be shocking when it becomes so common)...
first smart city and then now ...

Cheers
Praveen

--