Re: [Fsf-friends] Re: [കേ.ശാ.സാ.പ] Red Hat signs MoU with Kerala govt

Mani A a.mani.cms@[EMAIL-PROTECTED]
Thu Jun 7 21:58:39 IST 2007

On 6/7/07, sujith h <sujith.h at gmail.com> wrote:
> On 6/6/07, Santhosh Thottingal <santhosh00 at gmail.com> wrote:
> > Red Hat signs MoU with Kerala govt
> > Red Hat to support Kerala's deployment of open source software

> Lots of people are working for Swathanthra Malayalam Computing in order to
> help
> people to use Malayalam in their computers which has Debian!!! We conduct
> meetings regularly
> to update the status of Swathanthra Malayalam Computing (SMC)project.

How good is the support provided by the project ?

> > Red Hat will train the technical staff of various government organizations
> > on open source applications. Red Hat will also train school teachers in
> > Kerala on Linux desktop skills under a "Train-the-Trainer" program.
>

> Lots of teachers are trained to use Debian. Now why this change???

Usability studies suggest that sticking to lesser number of usability
models is a bad idea.

> This is really a shocking news!!!

Nothing shocking ... the diversity is very important.

Best

A. Mani
Member, Cal. Math. Soc