Re: [Fsf-friends] Re: [കേ.ശാ.സാ.പ] Red Hat signs MoU with Kerala govt

Ramakrishna Reddy ramkrsna@[EMAIL-PROTECTED]
Thu Jun 7 18:24:35 IST 2007

On 6/7/07, Harish Narayanan <harish at gamebox.net> wrote:
> Ramakrishna Reddy wrote:
> > On 6/7/07, sujith h <sujith.h at gmail.com> wrote:
> >> Debian GNU/Linux provides more than a pure OS: it comes with over 18733
> >> packages <http://www.debian.org/distrib/packages>, precompiled software
> >> bundled up in a nice format for easy installation on your machine.
> >
> > doh!!! I never knew that, after using debian for like 6 years. I never
> > knew that an OS is pure coz it comes with 18733 packages.
>
> The parent said Debian PROVIDES MORE THAN a pure OS because of the
> existence of all those packages.
>
> It did not say Debian IS A PURE OS because of the existence of all those
> packages.

I don't care if  its Debian or anything, as long as its GNU/Linux. Out
of personal curiosity I just wanted to know why Mr. Sujith is shocked
with Red Hat and Kerala Govt  MoU ?

Ramakrishna Reddy                                               GPG
Key ID:31FF0090
Fingerprint =  18D7 3FC1 784B B57F C08F  32B9 4496 B2A1 31FF 0090