[Fsf-friends] Eben Moglen @ Technopark, Trivandrum.

Krishna Pagadala krishnaact@[EMAIL-PROTECTED]
Sun Jun 3 01:15:33 IST 2007

>     Why we are inheriting the same "open source"
> clause in FSF progamme invitations?
>
> Who wrote the words that are quoted?  Where was that
> quote posted?

The words were originally written by eweek. They were
quoted in the following programme quoted below.

I hope and think that the error has been fixed. The
email did not say that the program was by FSF-I,
another program organised by FSF-I talks only about
free software, and does not mention "open source".

--Quote from original mail sent to list follows--
http://mm.gnu.org.in/pipermail/fsf-friends/2007-June/004880.html

Eben Moglen, Founding Director of the Software Freedom
Law Center, is ranked among the Top 100 Most
Influential People in IT, according to a study
recently conducted by eWeek. Ranked #92, Moglen is
cited as an "expert in open source law and one of the
guiding lights of GPL 3." In his talk Moglen will
touch up on
 Software patents, copyrights and free software
movement. Talk will be particularly for software
companies interested in Free and Open Source Software.

 Venue: Travencore Hall, Technopark
 Time : 3:00 pm
 Date : 05/06/07

 About Prof Eben Moglen:
 -------------------------------

 Eben Moglen is a professor of law and legal history
at Columbia University, and is the founder,
Director-Counsel and Chairman of Software Freedom Law
Center, whose client list includes numerous pro bono
clients, such as the Free Software Foundation.

 Moglen is closely involved with the Free Software
Foundation, serving as general counsel since 1994 and
board member from 2000 to 2007. As counsel, Moglen was
charged with enforcing the GNU General Public License
on behalf of the FSF, and later became heavily
involved with drafting version 3 of the GPL.

Misinterpreting Copyright by Richard Stallman http://www.gnu.org/philosophy/misinterpreting-copyright.html
"Die Gedanken Sind Frei": Free Software and the Struggle for Free Thought by Eben Moglen
http://emoglen.law.columbia.edu/publications/berlin-keynote.html

.