[Fsf-friends] Microsoft to set up university in (Bangalore)city

Mani A a.mani.cms@[EMAIL-PROTECTED]
Thu Jul 19 00:39:16 IST 2007

On 7/18/07, Shakthi Kannan <shakthimaan at gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> On 7/18/07, Mani A <a.mani.cms at gmail.com> wrote:
> > You can refer to the different official reports or to the Economic and
> > political weekly for reliable  data. The Govt does spend a bit on
> > education. The present Govt has increased the spending.
>
> I also meant how much of it actually reaches the student/faculty. They
> can *claim* expenditure, but, how much is actually spent on
> "education". Is it spent properly so everyone *really* benefits from
> them? No.
>
> How many EE departments have Digital Design Labs with FPGAs?
>
> How many CS/IT departments have Embedded Labs?

I was not speaking about engineering education in particular. There it
is that some places have all the facilities and others do not have
anything at all.

> > The fact is that lot of research is done and often with very limited
> > or no grants.
>
> Please. Most private college management that I have seen ask their
> faculty to do PhDs so they can *claim* that they have x number of
> PhDs.

That is about privatization of education. Some others too do a phd for
the sake of a degree. That happens too. All that happens in the
western countries too.

This is going OT.

Best

A. Mani