[Fsf-friends] Microsoft to set up university in (Bangalore)city

Nagarjuna G. nagarjun@[EMAIL-PROTECTED]
Mon Jul 16 11:34:09 IST 2007

On 7/16/07, Vikram Vincent <vincentvikram at gmail.com> wrote:
> Hello,
>
> On 15/07/07, Shakthi Kannan <shakthimaan at gmail.com> wrote:
> >
> > > On 7/15/07, Nagarjuna G. <nagarjun at gnowledge.org> wrote:
> > > After we complete the note, we can release that as a press release and
> > > also make a representation to Karnataka; Govt of India; and to the
> > > president (who is the chancellor of all universities in India)
> >
> > ... and what are your expectations from them?
> >

> A press release simply puts forward our principled stand on the issue. It
> is, however, not a guarantee that the Universities or the Govt. will act on
> them. In-fact it would be better to assume that they may not do anything in
> our favour. And it here that as a Movement that we can make a difference. We
> simply take the issue to the people along with our stand and put pressure on
> the Govt. through the collective.
> --

Mani and Vikram.

I agree that these are not going to be effective enough, but these are
part of the campaign.  Besides this will help us to get all our
arguments together.  This will help each of our colleagues to use them
whenever they speak.  we have to take the first steps some where.

If you have another way of conducting a campaign please let me know.

Nagarjuna