[Fsf-friends] Re: 'F' for Fedora; 'F' for Free (Sankarshan Mukhopadhyay)

Debarshi 'Rishi' Ray debarshi.ray@[EMAIL-PROTECTED]
Tue Feb 27 15:21:17 IST 2007

> Which part is funny ? Michael being President of OSI or Michael as a Red
> Hat Executive backing Fedora ?

a. Nice to see a Red Hat (for that matter any company) executive talking and
   embracing 'Free Software' and not 'Open Source'.

b. Funny to see the OSI president leaning towards the FSF's stance on software
   freedom and using the FSF backed terminology, and away from the OSI's.

c. It is not about hatred. I could not help smiling at this at a time when
   the 'FSF is evil', 'RMS is a dictator', and 'non-free kernel modules make
   a good desktop distribution'. 'Funny' was the most decent word I could come
   up with at 04:30am. :-P

Cheerio,
Debarshi