[Fsf-friends] Microsoft and their Indian promoters can be sued...

CK Raju, Thrissur ck.thrissur@[EMAIL-PROTECTED]
Fri Feb 9 23:25:05 IST 2007

Vakil,
I think this is precisely the point that we can debate, clarify and have it
enforced by Government.
If your argument stands, it would mean that no government information can be
declared as "protected", when it is on a proprietary platform. So inside the
legal dragnet, the official who gave "consent" would also fall. (Judges are
also getting sensible these days, the corrupt are increasingly being shown
the door.)
We do have a very strong case for litigation here, if some lawyers that I
consulted are to be believed. And I think, if the Government doesn't budge
with regard to its earlier stand on computerising local bodies and revenue
departments, our move should be made, pretty quickly - we don't have that
many jails around. Perhaps Joseph can argue with TECOM for an attached jail
within Smart City premises - as a lesson for those who go astray.
CK Raju
Thrissur