[Fsf-friends] india votes against ooxml

Nagarjuna G. nagarjun@[EMAIL-PROTECTED]
Fri Aug 24 12:36:05 IST 2007

On 8/24/07, Linux Lingam <linuxlingam at gmail.com> wrote:

> > Whether this be a battle or a war, I believe Dr Nagarjuna deserves a
> > great deal of credit for his tireless and painstaking work in making
> > the facts available to the Government.
>
> round of applause for nagarjuna, who i know has been personally
> spending days and nights reading through stacks of documents and
> collaborating with people to ensure india sticks to agreeable open
> standards. kudos also to a lot of other people who've been working on
> this for months and months tirelessly. way to go guys!

Thanks  a lot.  This happened due to welcome support from Sun, IBM, Redhat,
Google, to name a few, and academics from IITs and IIMs.

> > Thanks Nagarjuna, beer/coffee's on me next time you're in Delhi :)
>
> ah! nagarjuna's that will be at freed.in if not earlier!
> as discussed a few weeks ago on the phone regarding your availability
> and talk at freed.in. please register at the freed.in site with your
> talk asap. today we noticed the slots are filling up rapidly.

I have certainly marked the days,  please help me what should the topic be.
SELF and Gnowsys are the ones that eat most of my time.  What do you people
say?  If you also want me to talk on any other issue such as open document
standards advocacy or road ahead for free software movement, I am ready.
Give me your proposals.

Nagarjuna