[Fsf-friends] DMCA Means You Can't Delete Files On Your PC?

Praveen A pravi.a@[EMAIL-PROTECTED]
Tue Aug 21 17:53:05 IST 2007

DMCA Means You Can't Delete Files On Your PC?

"According to Wired, John Stottlemire found a way to print duplicate
coupons from Coupons.com by deleting some files and registry entires
on his PC. Now he's being sued for a DMCA violation. He says, 'All I
did was erase files or registry keys.' Says a lawyer: '[The DMCA] may
cover this. I think it does give companies a lot of leverage and a lot
of power.' So now the copyright cartels are saying that not only can
we not copy things on our computers, but we can't delete things on our
computers? Time to buy stock in Seagate."

http://yro.slashdot.org/yro/07/08/21/023235.shtml

Cheers
Praveen
--