[Fsf-friends] Gnash coming along nicely -- now have daily snapshots

Praveen A pravi.a@[EMAIL-PROTECTED]
Fri Aug 17 19:41:59 IST 2007

Hi,

"The popularity of Flash has been a big problem for our community, and
we've been urging people not to use Flash for anything. However, we've
just about solved that problem and we're soon going to release a
version of Gnash which can even handle YouTube."

RMS http://www.groklaw.net/article.php?story=20070403114157109

 GNU Flash player daily snapshots (source) are available from
http://gnashdev.org/dev_snapshots/

Its good to see gnash coming along nicely. It plays most of the flash
movies on the net including youtube (BEWARE: it is very slow) movies.
Well you will definitely find movies which does not work as well as
support for newer versions are getting added.

You will need to have quite a lot of dependencies to build it from
source, but the configure script is so helpful it will tell you which
package to install !! like apt-get install or yum package names. Also
gives a nice summary at the end of configure. I think we should fix
all the configure scripts to behave like this.

The developers are pretty helpful and the list is pretty active.

Happy Hacking
Praveen
--
പ്രവീണ് അരിമ്പ്രത്തൊടിയില്