[Fsf-friends] Online Petition Asking Apple to Support ODF

Anivar Aravind anivar@[EMAIL-PROTECTED]
Fri Aug 10 11:10:44 IST 2007

The ISO 26300 is the international standard XML format for office
documents, also known as the Open Document Format or ODF. The newly
released iWork '08 supports the Open Office XML (OOXML) document format,
which is still not an ISO-approved standard. It would be beneficial to
all if the iWork suite of applications, namely Pages, Keynote and
Numbers, support Open Document Format.

We appeal that you release an update to the latest version of iWork
suite to support ISO 26300. In addition, we hope that you support the
ISO 26300 standard in future Apple products that involves office documents.

http://www.petitiononline.com/appleodf/petition.html

BTW, what is the status of Campaign against OOXML at BIS? any updates?

--
Anivar Aravind
moving Republic