[Fsf-friends] FSF meet

Amol Hatwar amol@[EMAIL-PROTECTED]
Fri Apr 27 11:16:14 IST 2007

On Fri, 2007-04-27 at 10:51 +0530, sujith h wrote:
> Surprisingly about 7 girls also turned up!

You mean women. Depending on what mood you're in "girls" can be
derogatory.

> Girls should also be brought under the Free Software community.

^^^^^^^^ Women!!!

> The link given below clearly specifies some of the reasons why
> contribution from women lacks in our community and how to
> encourage women to use Free Software.

The fact is true for Free Software, but even more apparent if you
consider the global IT scene. I remember ACM taking some initiatives
last year but haven't really followed up on what happened.

> http://tldp.org/HOWTO/Encourage-Women-Linux-HOWTO/
>
> So we also need contribution from their side too.

Sure :). But then again, posting links aside, what are we really doing
to encourage them?

Just my two pence,

Amol Hatwar