[Fsf-friends] Fwd: [ILUG-BOM] GSoC/KDE-2007 and our lug member

Praveen A pravi.a@[EMAIL-PROTECTED]
Mon Apr 16 13:32:17 IST 2007

---------- Forwarded message ----------
From: Anant Narayanan <anant at kix.in>
Date: २००७ अप्रैल १६ ०९:५७
Subject: Re: [ILUG-BOM] GSoC/KDE-2007 and our lug member
To: "GNU/Linux Users Group, Mumbai, India" <linuxers at mm.glug-bom.org>

> There are few other Indians into SoC '07 too (some of them are on
> GLUG-BOM) -- Sayamindu Dasgupta (GNOME), Debarshi Ray (Fedora), Rakesh
> Pandit (The GNU Project), Ria Das [aka Ms. Kushal Das] (Fedora),
> Some-IRC-Junkie-From-A-Village (BBC Research), etc.

Not just a few, I am proud to say that we have about 60 Indian
students in GSoC this year; including 3 from my college. I sincerely
hope that atleast 30 of these students will stick around to become
permanent contributors to their respective projects.

A non-comprehensive list (may have missed out the NRIs): Name,
Mentor, Project. (Quite a few Indian mentors out there too):

1) Jasleen Singh, Arockiasamy Mohanraj, Design and implementation a
better document inspector
2) Ravinder Reddy, Katherine Marsden, Convert Derby tests to JUnit and
fix Derby bugs
3) Baishampayan Ghose, Michael Philip Sparks, Extending the web-
server component in Kamaelia to make it useful as a general purpose
web-server component
4) Anant Narayanan, Devon H. O'Dell, Alternative Implementations of 9P:
PHP and JavaScript
5) Tara Gilliam, Michael Philip Sparks, Visual Editor for Creation
& Composition of Shard Components
6) Arun Raghavan, Joe Shaw, A Xesam-based D-Bus interface for Beagle
7) Dawn Thomas, Rick Riolo , Urbance: An agent-based approach to
Architectural Design
8) Nitin Gupta, Dr. Tarique Sani, AJAX Support in Coppermine with an
API
9) Thejaswi Puthraya, Simon Blanchard, Implementing Check Constraints on
Models
10) Neil Joshi, Eugene Lazutkin, Pseudo 3-D Charting
11) Amila Sampath, Theodore Serbinski, Designing a new core theme for
Drupal
12) Prashant Deva, Philippe Ombredanne, New Eclipse update manager
13) Udayan Kumar, Martin Connor,        Porting Etherboot drivers to gPXE
14) Akhil Kumar Meshram, Pierrick Brihaye, eXist eXtension to teXt
15) Debarshi Ray, Sankarshan Mukhopadhyay, An offline package update/
installation facility for Pirut.
16) Ria Das, Jeff Sheltren, Publication of all man and info pages for
each
release through a web interface
17) Vivek B, Yutaka Niibe, Designing an educational microprocessor
and led
display using the same (in verilog).
18) Attilio Rao, Roberson, Rewriting lockmgr(9)
19) Swati Goyal, Matthew John Toseland, Improving Search in FreeNet
20) Srivatsan, Florent Daignière, DOS resistant link level encryption
using JFKi key management protocol
21) Uday, Jack Bates,   Web based Image Manipulation
22) Ramnath R Iyer, Dirk Haun, Web services API for Geeklog
23) Raghavendra Narasimhan V, Christoph Egger, OpenGL support for GGI
24) Vikram Kumar V B, Christoph Egger, Improve XGGI by implementing
some X
extensions.
25) Srijak Rijal, Sam Vilain, Gittorrent Server and Peer
26) Sayamindu Dasgupta, Federico Mena-Quintero, Extending the lockdown
framework in GNOME and making it even more deployment friendly
27) Imran Patel, Xan López Saborido, Integrating Epiphany Bookmarks and
Browsing History For GNOME-wide Access
28) Rakesh Pandit, Nagarjuna Gadiraju, Graphical navigation/
representation
of knowledge base; and interfacing with other knowledge systems.
29) Chintan Agarwal, Derek Atkins, QIF Importer Rewrite
30) Krishna Kishore Annapureddy, François Revol, Implement a precache
algorithm along with aging policy for the file system caches
31) Avi Mehta, Rastin Mehr, Implementation of mootools in Joomla! 1.5
framework
32) Shivasharan Rao, Jonathan Riddell, SQL Code Generation and Enhanced
Entity Relationship Models for Umbrello
33) Piyush Verma, Andreas Pakulat, Python Support for KDevelop4
34) Anirudh Ramesh, Cornelius Schumacher, Bridge the gap between
KitchenSync and OpenSync
35) Sharon Myrtle Paradesi, Robert Kaye, Using Collaborative
Filtering to
generate Relationships between artists for MusicBrainz
36) Nidhi Rawal, Sebastien Pouliot, Gendarme: The problem finder
37) Mayank Jain, David Jesús Horat Flotats, Moodle Voice
38) Udit Sajjanhar, Petr Skoda, Secure RSS Feeds
39) Srirang G Dooddihal, Dan Mosedale, Implementing cross-session
download
resume
40) Kunal Kumar D Jain, Dietrich Ayala, Places: Indexing Visited Pages
41) K.Harishankaran, Nagappan, Firefox automation & Tinderbox
integration
42) Sumantra R. Kundu, William Studenmund, A Framework For Enforcing QoS
Inside the NetBSD UVM
43) Deepank Gupta, Werner Almesberger, Ad hoc communication via
Bluetooth
44) Sashikanth Raju S Damaraju, Paul Biondich, Clinical Data
Visualization
Tools
45) Rahul Murmuria, William Sommerfeld, Porting Racoon2 to OpenSolaris
46) Amit Vyas, DongInn Kim, Globus/Condor Package for OSCAR
47) Siddharth Angrish, Simon Lin, Learning a Context Free Grammar by
reading Corpus in a given language
48) Swanand Janardan Deodhar, Shashank T. Date, Framework for ETL and
Data
mining operations in Ruby
49) Shobhit Jindal, Pavel Tankov, SSH Support in SIP Communicator using
JCraft SSH2 Java Implementation
50) Hiran V, Hussain K.H, Unicode Standard Malayalam Font
51) Antony Francis Maliakal, Anivar A Aravind, Akshara OCR
52) Shyam K, Santhosh Thottingal, Basic Voice Recognition System for
malayalam
53) Mobin M,    Praveen A, MalluTux
54) Jinesh KJ, Suresh P, Comprehensive malayalam input system for GNU/
Linux
55) Sourav Pal, Jean-Paul Saman, RTSP Streaming Server in VLC
56) Nageswara Rao M, Abraham Moolenaar, Integrating vim editor with
eclipse
57) Ishaan Dalal, Monty Montgomery, Sinusoidal coding for Ghost
58) Vandan Parikh, Ludovic Dubost, XWiki Offline
59) Nikhil N, Baiju Muthukadan, Run Zope 3 using Python 2.5
60) Gartheeban Ganeshapillai, Kaustubh Srikanth, Auto Completion of
links

Best Regards,
--
Anant