[Fsf-friends] FSD: campaign to spread Free software awareness in Karnataka

Praveen A pravi.a@[EMAIL-PROTECTED]
Sun Apr 8 19:46:36 IST 2007

2007/4/8, sujith h <sujith.h at gmail.com>:
> Dear friends,
>
> Today I attended a meeting of Forum for Science and Development(FSD),
> Banglore.
I could not attend the meeting because I was attending a training on
"Jumpstart to Localization" for the last 3 days.

> --
> സുജിത് ഹരിദാസ൯
> http://fci.wikia.com/wiki/Anti-DRM-Campaign
> Bangalore
>

> --
> സുജിത് ഹരിദാസ൯
> http://fci.wikia.com/wiki/Anti-DRM-Campaign
> Bangalore

>They are planning 2 start a campaign to increase the spread
> the awareness & usage of free software in colleges, schools and among
> NGOs in Karnataka.  The energy, motivation & the spirit in the FSD
> meeting was very high even though they have slight misconceptions
> about some terminologies. I hope our Friends like Vijoo, Vickram etc
> on FSD can correct it soon .

I am confident that they will do that, we can help there too.

> But I feel that  this campaign needs a
> lot of volunteers to achieve the goals.

I agree and I volunteer for it.
> I think Free software
> Community in Bangalore must support & help FSD to make this dream into
> reality.

We have started a wiki page for distributed co-ordination this campaign.

If you want to help out with this, you can sign up at the wiki page.
http://fci.wikia.com/wiki/Campaign_to_promote_free_software_in_karnataka

(The wiki at bangalore.gnu.org.in was not editable so I could not
create a page there)

> We can make use of our experiences in Spreading free software
> awareness in Bangalore Colleges  for this purpose. Even the students
> become active through our recent campaigns on colleges like BMS can
> also contribute a lot to this campaign.

I will post a mail to bmslug and I am sure they will be able to help
out in this very important campaign.

How about making some posters, banners  and T shirts, any volunteers ??
> waiting for your suggessions.

Some of my suggestion, looking forward to others suggestions too.

Lets Rock!!!

Cheers
Praveen

--