[Fsf-friends] Software Freedom Day 06 a grand success

പ്രവീണ്‍‌|Praveen pravi.a@[EMAIL-PROTECTED]
Tue Sep 19 15:46:22 IST 2006

Hi,

 We had a woderful Software Freedom Day in Bangalore and I would like to
thank all who helped in making this event a grand success. Also cheers to
Hiran, Pavithran and all others who helped make this event a great success
not just in bangalore but all over India.

"This year they had shortlisted some colleges in Bangalore and our dear
> BMSCE was a part of it.But it so happened that the coordinators for our
> College backed out from conducting the event in our college thinking that
> the response will be bad.And many thanks to Ram , an active member of
> FOSS.in, me and my friends Sharadha,Shilpa, Nandini and Ganga took up the
> initiative and oragnised the entire thingie in good 6 hours yesterday.Somephone calls and the event was finalised ."

"Yesterday whole night me and my friends were hoping that people will turn
> up and make the event a huge success. And it happened !!!"

-- Nethravathi B
http://netravathib.blogspot.com/2006/09/16th-september-2006-software-freedom.html

"We reached BMS at around 9:15 AM to see the Audi filled with Praveen, Dilip
> and myself only. Ahem… It was 9:30 and lo behold!!! The AUDI was jam packed
> with people not having place to sit and extra chairs been roped in. Great!!!
> 350 people packed in a 300 capacity audi!! "

-- Anjhan aka tuxmaniac http://www.tuxmaniac.com/blog/?p=12

" About 60 people stayed back and we splitted into 4 groups and addressed
> their doubts and asked about their interest areas. Me and Dilip took charge
> of one group and we had a very interesting discussion. Other three groups
> were handled bu Aanjhan, Srikanth and Dinesh. We had to leave the hall only
> because they had to close the hall and we left the campus becuase it was
> already 1 30 and all of us were started feeling hungry."

-- Praveen A [me :-)]
http://www.pravi.co.nr/2006/09/16/software-freedom-day/

"Audience participation was good and there were some interesting questions.
> ESR's `Cathedral and the Bazaar' came into the discussion and was soon being
> twisted out of shape (sample: whether you would like to enter a Cathedral or
> a Baazar? Cathedral is more solid, peaceful - but it alienates you; Baazar
> is more `inclusive', you become part of it)!"

-- Pramod CE  http://pramode-ce.livejournal.com/42465.html

See more at http://fci.wikia.com/wiki/SFD Also add more info there if you
have got.

Cheers
Praveen

--
"Value your freedom, or you will lose it, teaches history.
`Don't bother us with politics', respond those who don't want to learn."