[Fsf-friends] FreeDOS 1.0 released !

doxa at antispam doxa@[EMAIL-PROTECTED]
Mon Sep 4 10:03:04 IST 2006

========Cross posting - Announcement=========

"FreeDOS 1.0 Yes, the FreeDOS Project has reached the "1.0" milestone. Please
download the FreeDOS "1.0" distribution from ibiblio. If you prefer to purchase
a CDROM rather than download the iso file, wait a few days for our online
distributors to have their sites ready. We're partnering with at least two CD
shops.

This is a very important day for FreeDOS. A lot of you have put in so much work
over the years, helping to make everything perfect. Even if you didn't
contribute code, you helped out the FreeDOS Project by submitting comments and
bug reports. Thank you!
What is FreeDOS

FreeDOS is a free DOS-compatible operating system for IBM-PC compatible systems.
FreeDOS is made of up many different, separate programs that act as "packages"
to the overall FreeDOS Project.

These days, there are three main uses of FreeDOS:

   1. To run old DOS games (like DOOM, etc.)
   2. To run old business software that only supports DOS
   3. To support an embedded DOS system, such as a computerized cash register or
till

You can run FreeDOS on pretty much anything. While can run FreeDOS on a
dedicated PC, now it's most often run inside a PC emulator. You can find PC
emulators for all computer platforms (Windows, Linux, Mac.) If you are new to
DOS, we recommend you use an emulator to install and boot FreeDOS....."

http://www.freedos.org/freedos/files/
===============End of Announcement========

Cheers to the FreeDOS team. A lot of Indian hardware shops already ships with
FreeDOS as default OS.

CK Raju