[Fsf-friends] finding ways and means to wean away windows users towards linux

suresh p. suresh@[EMAIL-PROTECTED]
Mon Sep 4 07:44:02 IST 2006

Kush <be_a_sport at rogers.com> writes:

> One way to wean existing users towards linux or open source softwares
> is by giving them a feel of the various open source softwares under
> windows so that the migration towards linux becomes easier (training
> etc costs become less etc) A lot of equivalent open source softwares
> now exist in both worlds (linux and windows) such as
> gaim/openoffice/gimp etc etc.
>
> I found these 2 sites which are very helpful
> http://www.opensourcewindows.org/
> http://osswin.sourceforge.net/
>
> Recently I came across mistika too which though not open source is a
> special purpose software under linux which shows that newer software
> development may be moving towards linux.

Please don't encourage the use free software in a non-free platform in the name of 'easy migration'.This is something akin to mixing coke with the tender coconut water.The purpose of availability of free software in proprietary platform is only to demonstrate the power of free software.

suresh