[Fsf-friends] finding ways and means to wean away windows users towards linux

Kush be_a_sport@[EMAIL-PROTECTED]
Sun Sep 3 17:00:21 IST 2006

One way to wean existing users towards linux or open source softwares is
by giving them a feel of the various open source softwares under windows
so that the migration towards linux becomes easier (training etc costs
become less etc) A lot of equivalent open source softwares now exist in
both worlds (linux and windows) such as gaim/openoffice/gimp etc etc.

I found these 2 sites which are very helpful
http://www.opensourcewindows.org/
http://osswin.sourceforge.net/

Recently I came across mistika too which though not open source is a
special purpose software under linux which shows that newer software
development may be moving towards linux.

Kush