[Fsf-friends] The Charles Assisi article

doxa at antispam doxa@[EMAIL-PROTECTED]
Sat Sep 2 17:30:51 IST 2006

Sir,
Charles Assisi's article on Free Software doesn't surprise me. Most contemporary
journalists carry out their routine "technical investigations" this way,
without applying themselves seriously.

If Charles is worried about capitalism losing out if well-over 10 percent of the
entire Kerala population (that account for more than 90% of the IT literates,
including those in industry) starts learning Free Software, then he is
projecting absurdity. A capitalist order, on the contrary, thrives with the
enlarged size of human resources who are capable of playing the *game*. And
Free Software here, to soothe Charles, promotes his view of *capitalism*, by
enabling the ordinary citizens. The capitalists should be very happy about
this, because the human resources are getting trained at public expense - there
are no corporate funding involved in such training programmes - Charles should
thank the CM on behalf of his group of *capitalists*, for excluding the
corporates from funding such school programmes. Lastly, Charles, these
*entrants* to the *game*, would be playing an *ethical game* - that most of you
are ignorant of, because of lack of experience - a state that we commonly
describe as a *cognitive disorder*.

CK Raju,
Thrissur