[Fsf-friends] Richard Stallman's Talk at Hyderabad

Ciaran O'Riordan ciaran@[EMAIL-PROTECTED]
Mon Oct 23 19:08:11 IST 2006

nipra <prabhakar.nikhil at gmail.com> writes:
> Don't know about the recording of this talk but the talk given at JNU
> on 21st Oct was recored for around half an hour ( though his talk was
> around 2 hrs long). Considering that most of RMS talks about Free
> Software is very similar one can get benefitted by watching his
> earlier talks. A detailed list can be found here:
>
> http://nipra.be/Speeches_.txt

There is also a good list on the Wikipedia page about him:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Richard_Stallman#Speeches

And FSFE is starting to compile a list of free software videos here:
http://fsfe.org/en/advocacy/videos

Usually when Richard gives a talk, it's about either:

1. "GNU/Linux and the free software movement"
2. "The Dangers of sofware patents"
3. "Copyright vs. Community in the age of computer networks"
4. "GPLv3: an overview of the changes"

But I find the questions and answers sessions after his talks are very
interesting.

I think recording his talks is quite important, not only because it is a
good way to raise awareness of software freedom but also so that history
will benefit from a detailed record of his philosophy.

--
Ciarán O'Riordan __________________ \ http://fsfeurope.org/projects/gplv3
http://ciaran.compsoc.com/ _________ \  GPLv3 and other work supported by