[Fsf-friends] Need help (sorry for cross posting)

Krishna Pagadala krishnaact@[EMAIL-PROTECTED]
Fri Oct 13 03:34:28 IST 2006

Hi All,
   The following is an excerpt from the recent GPLv3 Conference in Bangalore.

   "The simplest case it, I buy a thin client, lets say, and it's got firmware on an IDE flash, I cannot take it out and put it in another commodity hardware because they lock it down.  And they don't do simple things like, the kernel only has drivers for your hardware.  They TPM it, they put in a two dollar TPM chip on the board and they lock down Free Software to their particular hardware."
http://fsfeurope.org/projects/gplv3/bangalore-rms-transcript#freedom-and-thin-clients

Does anybody know more about this? Does anybody know the person who asked this question? Can people please find out and let me know?

Thanks
Krishna

Misinterpreting Copyright by Richard Stallman
"Die Gedanken Sind Frei": Free Software and the Struggle for Free Thought by Eben Moglen mp3 ogg
Free Knowledge blog

.