[Fsf-friends] better english

Ajay Pal Singh Atwal ajaypal@[EMAIL-PROTECTED]
Mon Oct 2 10:19:19 IST 2006

----- kush <corporalster at gmail.com> wrote:
> Have observed that if we have to really reach the top of any
> organisation (research or commercial), our english has to be good
> since
> english is the defacto language of science and technology.

MPO: In community projects this may not be always true.

> Indian techies have weak english specially when we have to compete
> against the best in the world. Even Linus Torvalds was a non native
> english speaker but everybody there speaks/writes good english.

Then why not write in the original language (mother tongue) of the writer and maybe some good translator can do the translation.

> However if people are happy with the chalta hai attitude, then they
> should not complain if they are overlooked within any organisation.

reminds me of the good ol wikipedia, write once and improve forever, why static HTML, someone better in english can improve on it.

--
Sincerely

Ajay Pal Singh Atwal
Dept of CSE & IT