[Fsf-friends] Re: MDI migrates its network servers to GNU/Linux

Vihan Pandey vihanpandey@[EMAIL-PROTECTED]
Mon Nov 27 10:56:34 IST 2006

> Management Development Institute, Gurgaon, where RMS delivered a lecture
> during his last visit, has migrated their network from Windows to
> GNU/Linux. I am not sure whether this was a result of the talk, but I
> know that their IT department had taken a serious interest in the talk
> and had even arranged a lunch with RMS. Several students have had Ubuntu
> GNU/Linux installed on their laptops.

Sounds good. But i hope they did it for both ``social AND technical reasons"
rather than ``technical" reasons alone.

Incidently, if anyone has any inside information about this place, as to why
they decided to switch it would be nice to hear about it. i know, there are
migrations happening all the time, but its always interesting to hear the
story behind them.

Regards,

- vihan