[Fsf-friends] IT@School project

Nagarjuna nagarjun@[EMAIL-PROTECTED]
Mon May 8 16:56:07 IST 2006

Arun M wrote:
> Dear friends,
>
>  See the story on free software and IT at School in kerala.
>
> http://www.hindu.com/2006/05/08/stories/2006050811430400.htm
>

> IT at School will soon distribute Wikipedia to schools.

we have already created a wikipedia instance which currently
works inside a zope server. a version of this is
available from gnowledge.org site.  select wikipedia
(and not the default wordnet on the search form) and
test this.

It will be very useful if teachers can create local
malayalam content.  We are now developing a software
agent that will sync content from the local school
server and wikipedia server.

BTW, the article in The Hindu doesn't say that the
system is GNU/Linux.

Nagarjuna