[Fsf-friends] Any possibility of using Nokia 3120 as gprs modem?

Tinku Sampath tinkusam@[EMAIL-PROTECTED]
Wed Jun 28 12:05:10 IST 2006

Hello Sandeep,

There is an efficient and easy to use tool named ' GPRS Easy Connect ' to
get GPRS connection on GNU/Linux. You can download it from the following
link.

http://easyconnect.linuxuser.hu/

- Tinku Sampath

On 6/27/06, sandeep Kumar < blackray at indiainfo.com> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> Unfortunately I invested in Nokia 3120 for accessing internet via PC(I
> was/am looking for a non-camera and non-song phone for the purpose).
> Is there any way I can get it working as modem on Linux atleast?
>
> I have tried gnokii 0.6.12 on Linux kernel 2.6.16.2 and though slow,
> gnokii identifies 3120 successfully, though xgnokii seems to take ages to
> get contact details and often I have to kill the app.
>
> I am trying with (non-nokia) CA-42 cable to connect to phone, and have
> been successful in using Nokia PC-Suite to view contacts etc. on windows,
> but again no success in using it as modem.
>
> I don't know about the possibility of it, but is it possible that a
> software modem simulation module (if open source community or nokia
> themselves provides) can be developed that once downloaded and integrated
> with existing phone software allows nokia 3120 to be used as gprs modem?
>
> Regards
> Sandeep
> Want to know more about me? Check out http://www.geocities.com/shimple0
>

> --