[Fsf-friends] (no subject)

sandeep Kumar blackray@[EMAIL-PROTECTED]
Tue Jun 27 18:28:40 IST 2006

Hi,

Unfortunately I invested in Nokia 3120 for accessing internet via PC(I
was/am looking for a non-camera and non-song phone for the purpose).
Is there any way I can get it working as modem on Linux atleast?

I have tried gnokii 0.6.12 on Linux kernel 2.6.16.2 and though slow, gnokii identifies 3120 successfully, though xgnokii seems to take ages to get contact details and often I have to kill the app.

I am trying with (non-nokia) CA-42 cable to connect to phone, and have been successful in using Nokia PC-Suite to view contacts etc. on windows, but again no success in using it as modem.

I don't know about the possibility of it, but is it possible that a software modem simulation module (if open source community or nokia themselves provides) can be developed that once downloaded and integrated with existing phone software allows nokia 3120 to be used as gprs modem?

Regards
Sandeep
Want to know more about me? Check out http://www.geocities.com/shimple0