[Fsf-friends] RMS on GPL - sidekick

doxa at antispam doxa@[EMAIL-PROTECTED]
Fri Jul 14 15:35:41 IST 2006

"..There's one other thing I should say. It's a very general thing. Governments
that impose harsh restrictions on their citizens, backed up by cruel
punishments, on behalf of corporations, are showing that they are not really on
the citizens's side. They're not working for us, they don't represent us except
with lip service. They represent the corporations and their goal is to rule us.
These governments are democratic only in name. And since governments get their
legitimacy from ruling on behalf of the people and protecting the people's
rights, these governments lose their legitimacy.

I'm very sad to say that almost all governments around the World have done this.
Government of the people, by the flunkies, for the corporations. And it makes
me very sad. ..."
(Stallman at
http://fsfeurope.org/projects/gplv3/barcelona-rms-transcript.en.html)

Sounds perfect.