[Fsf-friends] GDM login screen on FSF India

Hiran Venugopalan hiran.v@[EMAIL-PROTECTED]
Mon Jul 10 17:56:36 IST 2006

On 7/7/06, Baishampayan Ghose <b.ghose at XXXXXXXX> wrote:

> o Keep the background simple to go with our ``simple yet elegant'' motto
> (take a look at our website, for example).

While doing a wall paper or a poster we see that for much time;in this
case the gdm is only for a glance;its time is in second thats why i
designed such a one of high colour intensity and brightness.

> The colours you have used in the logo and the logo itself is not the
> official logo of the FSF of India. The actual logo is
> http://www.gnu.org.in/files/fsf_logo-new.png. I can give you a high
> resolution image if you want.

I though it as an auothorised logo even though its not the offical
one.The GDM I made is just ON FSFI and not BY FSFI.Its not offical
one.

> Otherwise, it's pretty fine.

I like this statement much,esp. the term "other wise" ;)

Thanks for you healty criticisms.I will surely consider these points
while doing some thing for FSF India.I have seen all those.Keep
posting the comments based on these work on the mailing list or on my
blog as comments.

Ajay Pal Singh Atwal <ajaypal at XXXXXXXX> wrote :
>One more request
>The buttons/ links to change language should be available in the
login screen and if >possible localization support would be good.

Change the system language the login screen language will
automatically change.I worked this by looking on some other gdms'
examples and hence i copied from those.I will try to put the Language
switch in the next versions and works.For more details check the xml
file inside the archive.

Happy hacking

| Hiran Venugopalan |
|http://hiraneffects.blogspot.com |