[Fsf-friends] Re: Fsf-friends Digest, Vol 34, Issue 10

Raj Shekhar rajshekhar@[EMAIL-PROTECTED]
Sun Feb 12 10:07:55 IST 2006

in infinite wisdom Mishi Choudhary spoke thus  On 02/11/2006 08:40 PM:
> but yes you re right it could be boring
> for the free software community to hear things like whats a source code
> and things of the same genre.

I did not get your meaning here. Did you mean "the lawyer community"
instead of "free software community " in the above sentence ?  Can you
clarify a bit ?

> thnx a ton for this positive response and
> i'll be greatful if you could suggest what kinda topics we should cover
> apart from a basic key note address telling them about what we re
> ? talking.it will be of tremendous help.

It depends on the audience.  Will it be for the lawyers in Delhi and
surrounding areas only ?  Do you want to concentrate on the technical
part of Free Software or on how it makes sense for India. My arguments
are outlined here http://geocities.com/lunatech3007/e-gov.html . Or do
you want to demo how the lawyers can get involved with it or do you want
to demo how the courts can use it to streamline their work flow.

I suggest that you get into your audience's shoes and see what will be
useful for them.

> april is when i plan to hold this
> conference and would look forward to all of you guiding me through this
> with ideas ,suggestions, orders and participation ,i really think this
> can work out

I suggest you involve the Delhi LUG in this. Post your idea on the LUG-D
mailing list. Is there some way you can involve the law colleges from
Delhi in this effort ?  That way you will have a pool of volunteers for
this.

--
          _.-,               raj shekhar
     .--'  '-._           http://rajshekhar.net