[Fsf-friends] conference!

Ramanraj K ramanraj.k@[EMAIL-PROTECTED]
Sun Feb 12 09:09:49 IST 2006

Raj shekhar wrote:

> Lawyers are usually very conservative and slow to change their point
> of view.

Thanks, we either seem to be too conservative or too radical that most
people miss our point of view.  The era when lawyers dominated the
political scene in India is passe now.  About 26 lawyers have officiated
as Presidents of the United States.  I would welcome the suggestion that
lawyers should shed conservatism and actively participate in the
political affairs of the day and influence right thinking.

Sometime last year, I wrote about the "meaning of life"
http://mm.gnu.org.in/pipermail/fsf-friends/2005-March/003169.html
Simple life on earth is quite possible without computers confounding us,
but if we do have higher ambitions, then using computers becomes
inevitable.  If this is well understood, most constitutions would be
reshaped soon, to help us realise the meaning of life at an earlier date.

-Ramanraj K