[Fsf-friends] A New Year Gift: festival_mr and festival_hi

priti patil pritisd@[EMAIL-PROTECTED]
Fri Dec 22 15:06:08 IST 2006

Hi all,

On this upcoming special occassion of new year I am very happy to announce a new year gift on behalf of janabhaaratii team :)

festival_mr (Marathi Text-To-Speech engine) and festival_hi (Hindi Text-To-Speech engine) are in their alpha state. Working crudely for both Marathi and Hindi, now under refinement process for it's next version.

Will be available for testing on an eve of new year (most probably) !!!

After testing, please do revert back to us since your valuable inputs can make it BETTER.

Acknowledgments to Dr. Alka Irani (Chief Investigator, janabhaaratii), Sunil Mohan and Chaitanya Kamisetty (telugu l10n team), DONLab, Dept. of CS&E, IIT Madras, our team, karunakar (indlinux) and many....

Warm Regards

Priti Patil
janabhaaratii
Language Computing Group