[Fsf-friends] HP-Microsoft tie-up

പ്രവീണ്‍‌|Praveen pravi.a@[EMAIL-PROTECTED]
Thu Dec 21 18:28:47 IST 2006

2006/12/21, doxa at sancharnet.in <doxa at sancharnet.in>:

> plan to work together to develop, test, validate or ensure that products
> conform to standards and deploy new products, while also collaborating on
> sales and marketing..."
>
> --------
> Does it mean that HP printers will start misbehaving with Free Software ?
>
> Isn't it clear that the agreement is to ensure that products conform to
standards (along with many other goals)?

HP and Microsoft were always good partners and that didn't affect HP's
policy towards Free and Open Source Software till now and I don't think it
is going to change after this deal.

Cheers
Praveen

Disclaimer: I work with HP and the opinions expressed here are solely my
personal opinions.
--
"Value your freedom, or you will lose it, teaches history.
`Don't bother us with politics', respond those who don't want to learn."