[Fsf-friends] from Bangalore GPLv3

Nagarjuna nagarjun@[EMAIL-PROTECTED]
Thu Aug 24 13:10:53 IST 2006

Many of you attended the fourth GPLv3 Conference held at Bangalore.
We thank you for your interest and attending the conference which made
it a success. Many of you actively participated in the discussion,
which made the event even more interesting and useful.  We continued
informal discussion till late evening.

Many of you opted not to attend the conference.  As a registered
participant this meant several things for the event.  Those who opted
not to attend the conference, and did not inform us in advance,
actually were squatting on the empty seats in the auditorium.  We had
only 270 seats in the auditorium.  Since the registration was
overwhelming, we had to inform the new registrations which were still
pouring in, 'to say sorry, we are already full.'  So we said
registrations are closed.  Your gesture of supporting this event by
registration actually turned out to be a way of disrupting the event.

FSF India, made 300 bags for each registered participant, we also made
300 peices of specially embroidered 'kurta' which were on sale at
Rs. 250/-.  We expected this way we could make up for the expenses.
We had ordered for more food, and tea.  You could understand how your
action of opting out of the conference added a lot of discomfort to
the organizers who were working hard for the last several days.

We apologize on behalf of the foundation for those who were denied
registrations, and could not attend.

Thankfully, the volunteers at IIMB and FSF India made efforts to
record the event.  You will all get to hear and, most likely, see the
proceedings of the event.

If you had come, the event would have been more successful.

In the events to come, please give us more substantial support.

Thanking you

Nagarjuna G.
Chairman, FSF India.