[Fsf-friends] [OT] An appeal

Nagarjuna G. nagarjun@[EMAIL-PROTECTED]
Sat Aug 12 19:50:45 IST 2006

(If you are a commmon member of the lists to which this email is sent,
you get more than one copy of this mail, sorry.)

As many of you know FSF India is organizing GPL V3 Conference at
Bangalore, (http://gplv3.gnu.org.in).  The response to the conference
was overwhelming, and we already recieved registrations beyond the
capacity.  We thank you all for the enthusiastic response.

Due to recent increased security restrictions on both International
and national airlines, some of our guests were diverted to other less
restrictive airlines which allowed laptops and books.  Making these
alternative arragements to our guests caused doubling of the expenses,
and cancellation expenses.  In some cases refunds were also not
possible.  As a result FSF India does not have these extra funds at
this moment.  We thought of bringing this to the notice of free
software community, and explore the possibility of support. This is an
appeal to contribute to FSF India.  Since we do not have enough time
to make alternative arrangements we seek your active support at this
needy hour.  Even if the support is small from each of you, if more
people give a small sum, we will be able to make sure this will
happen.  The additional required budget is around Rs. 150,000/- (or
around $3000/-).  If you also know any one who could sponsor a ticket
or part of the ticket do let us know.

The conference registration was kept free and we thought we could
manage well with our earlier budgets.  Conference registration
continues to be free, but do consider sending donations.  You may also
consider becoming taking fellowship (http://www.gnu.org.in/fellowship).

http://www.gnu.org.in/donate#account

FSF Account information:

Free Software Foundation of India.
Acc No : 632000002698
Bank : HDFC Bank LTD.
Branch : Trivandrum.

FSF India have 80G status under Income Tax Act. All donations to FSF
India are tax-deductible (by order number: C. No
302/ADIT(E)/24/2005-05 Dated: 25/01/06 ).

Please note that, for the time being, we are unable to accept
donations from outside India.

Thanks

Nagarjuna