[Fsf-friends] Which license should I use?

Ramanraj K ramanraj.k@[EMAIL-PROTECTED]
Sat Aug 5 22:58:51 IST 2006

Kushal Das wrote:

>I am making an application which is actually a combination of different
>packages. Now the problem is these packages are of diffrent licenses like :
>GPL, LGPL, MIT, MPL.
>
>Now I am confused in which license my application should be released ?
>And whether it is at all required to have a license for my application or not?

If your application is a compilation of various packages, you may
release your application under a license of your choice, and distribute
third party packages under their respective licenses along with your
modifications to them in the manner the respective licenses permit
redistribution.