[Fsf-friends] Geographical limitation.....For or against freedom??

Hiran Venugopalan hiran.v@[EMAIL-PROTECTED]
Wed Aug 2 18:12:28 IST 2006

There is some thing which has to be removed. 13.[8] Geographical
Limitations.
Which is there in the G P L v2,other open source licenses released by O S I
and in all non-free software license like EULA....but in our case,the
freedom which we all think,enjoys,inspires and fight for......is that good
to have such a statement like geographical limitation??

Should we support that??While we support such a license phrase,how can we
shout against the FREEDOM OF BLOG and such thing?While the freedom of
usage,study,modification and the redistribution is not allowed to citizen of
certain countries or geographical region,I think it as a matter of caging
freedom.What we matter [as I think] is freedom;not just for me but for the
whole community,there my enemies are too included [Or you say that Microsoft
or Adobe or Autodesk guys are not allowed to use GNU].

I am not an expert in these and I am just a new one to the field on free
software and this movement.Do help me to understand the real concept.