[Fsf-friends] Re: Re: Flame

doxa at antispam doxa@[EMAIL-PROTECTED]
Tue Aug 1 10:33:48 IST 2006

Is Linus probably presupposing that the 'users' of free software may not transform into ethical beings ('sharks with lasers')? There are recent findings that 15 odd (even less) people, in most of the free software projects, do some 80% of the actual development work as 'core developers' - not strictly Eric Raymond's huge bazaar. What is not known is the real reason behind his 'fairness' concern? Philosophers like Nagarjuna are better equipped to analyse these issues...

For us, how different are things going to be, if we continue to get free software in combination of GPL2 and GPL3? In any case if there are huge stumbling blocks - a fork can always be invoked - if we have the requisite talent of 15 odd core developers and the persuasive skill of the 1 or 2 'maintainers'?

Despite knowing that RMS rejects religions - yet is not averse to accepting few from any of them - why does Linus raise 'crusader' and 'GOD' metaphor?
CK Raju