[Fsf-friends] Since we were talking about hacking/cracking

yogesh ykchavan@[EMAIL-PROTECTED]
Thu Apr 27 16:18:19 IST 2006

On 4/27/06, malovika roy <malovika at gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi guys,
>
> I would like to bring to your notice one site thats just been hacked,
> http://knowgenesis.org/forums/
> One of my close friends (who writes on Open source related topics) is a
> moderator for this forum which is an online knowledge community. Pls see the
> mail below and if anyone of you can do something about this then please do.
>  the responsibility is claimed by some Turkish hackers.
>
> Malovika.

phpBB , phpNuke has well known input validation vulnerablities. you
can deface site through browser. no big deal. restore latest backup
with upgraded version and security script like nukesentinel( II dont
know about phpBB).check apache log for suspicious requests.

--
yogesh chavan