[Fsf-friends] Since we were talking about hacking/cracking

malovika roy malovika@[EMAIL-PROTECTED]
Thu Apr 27 11:26:15 IST 2006

Hi guys,

I would like to bring to your notice one site thats just been hacked,
http://knowgenesis.org/forums/
One of my close friends (who writes on Open source related topics) is a
moderator for this forum which is an online knowledge community. Pls see the
mail below and if anyone of you can do something about this then please do.
 the responsibility is claimed by some Turkish hackers.

Malovika.

---------- Forwarded message ----------
From: Janani Gopalakrishnan <gjanani at gmail.com>
Date: Apr 27, 2006 11:11 AM
Subject: Since we were talking about cracking...

 Hi,

 Imagine my surprise when I visited it this morning. The site was wiped out
clean, and there was just a banner by 2 Turkish hackers claiming
responsibility for the deed.

Check out http://knowgenesis.org/forums/ (do please check it out today
because I think the admins will start recovery by afternoon -- or so I
hope!)

It's really outrageous. The impact sinks in only when we face the brunt. It
was not even a commercial site -- just an online community (based on OS
philosophies -- even their Journal is licensed under CC) for knowledge
sharing! I wonder what thrill they gain out of this!

I have lost around 2 months worth of posts by members because of this! And
we were having such wonderful interactions.

Janani