[Fsf-friends] Dont be proud of freedom if its through linspire

Hiran Venugopalan hiran.v@[EMAIL-PROTECTED]
Tue Apr 25 13:19:28 IST 2006

I am now seeing many guys here who SAYS them as Linux [GNU/Linux Users] and
talks about freedom.But when I ask them about the distro there reply is some
times sad one for me - linspire.I dont think the linspire as Linux.Itssimply
proprietary.Its on EULA.Although the basic GNU/Linux system is free
software, most of the GNU/Linux versions now available include a small
amount of non-free software--just enough to spoil them as a way to attain
freedom. But Linspire is in a class by itself; large and important parts of
this system are non-free. No other GNU/Linux distribution has back slided so
far away from freedom. Switching from MS Windows to Linspire does not bring
you to freedom, it just gets you a different master.

| Hiran Venugopalan |
| Palakkad Libre software Users Society | Adding freedom to common minds |
| 09846951870 | hiran.v at gmail.com |