[Fsf-friends] Formation of Ubuntu-India

Baishampayan Ghose b.ghose@[EMAIL-PROTECTED]
Fri Apr 14 19:28:50 IST 2006

[Sorry for cross-posting]

Hello Fellow Ubunteros,

Greetings!!!

Hope by this time you would have known that the Ubuntu Indian Local
Community Team has got the Official Status from the Council. See
http://wiki.ubuntu.com/IndianTeam

We have a few requests as well as announcements to be made.

* Firstly we would appreciate if the GLUG's have their Local Ubuntu
Teams who will be responsible for creating awareness about Ubuntu and
Ubuntu-In community and also distribute the Ubuntu CDs in their Monthly
meets or FOSS Events organised by placing bulk orders.
[http://shipit.ubuntu.com]

* We request you to create a Wiki page for your Local Team on our
ubuntu-in.org website and start posting/contributing. Once you have
created a wiki page kindly link it from
http://ubuntu-in.org/wiki/Regional_Teams
For e.g.. Once you have created a wiki page for your regional team say
[Ubuntu_Chennai] kindly go to the Regional_Teams wiki page mentioned
above and add your team name and link it.

* You can help us in Localisation/translation/Packaging for Dapper as
well as future Ubuntu releases.

* Contribute Articles, Documentations, Frequently Asked Questions /Answers

* Keep giving suggestions to help make Ubuntu better for us and the world.

You can subscribe to ubuntu-in mailing list to get the latest
information: http://lists.ubuntu.com/mailman/listinfo/ubuntu-in

Hang around in our IRC channel #ubuntu-in @ irc.freenode.net

"Live the Spirit of Ubuntu - Linux for Human Beings"

Regards,
BG

- --
Baishampayan Ghose <b.ghose at gnu.org.in>
Free Software Foundation of India
http://www.gnu.org.in/

1024D/86361B74
BB2C E244 15AD 05C5 523A  90E7 4249 3494 8636 1B74