[Fsf-friends] Ankit Fadia : The real picture

V. Sasi Kumar sasi.fsf@[EMAIL-PROTECTED]
Thu Apr 6 16:10:28 IST 2006

On Thu, 2006-04-06 at 14:57 +0530, Joe Steeve wrote:

> But what bothers me is that there are tonnes of students out there who
> lack guidance, who are looking for role models like Mr.Fadia., and
> getting into this line. We lose a lot of potential resources there.

Very true. People have to do, at least once in a while, a reality check.
Again, unfortunately, our society is still only learning to recognise
quality, especially in modern technology and science. I feel that this
is only a growing up problem, for the society. Indian people have
produced some fantastic pieces of work in older ages, so we do have the
capacity to recognise a great piece of work when it is in a field about
which our society has some knowledge. Since only a small fraction of our
people still know something about computers and programming, anyone who
wants to make a show of his 'talents' can get away with it. The tragedy
is when the guy/gal really believes that he is exceptional, especially
when (s)he really has some talent.

Best
--
V. Sasi Kumar <sasi.fsf at gmail.com>