[Fsf-friends] Ankit Fadia : The real picture

Rakesh 'arky' Ambati rakesh_ambati@[EMAIL-PROTECTED]
Thu Apr 6 01:54:54 IST 2006

--- Ajay Pal Singh Atwal <ajaypal at bbsbec.org> wrote:

> Ok I may disagree a little here, I do sincerely
> think fadia may not be foolish or dumb, but his
> claim to faim may be a little too far fetched and he
> got more media attention then he actually deserved.

Hi List,

[x-post from FSUG-Bangalore ML]

Here is another story from a student of BMS college in
Bangalore who recently had a similar event conducted
by A.Fadia.

howdy guys,

thank you for starting this topic.As you know the same
seminar was held at
BMS college on tuesday this week!
thanks for breaking the silence since a lot of guys
here know that im from
bms and unfortunately a lot do also know that he was
in bmsce.

this was just his publicity stunt. since he's running
out of book
material!(ie: since he cant find anymore stuff to
strip off!) he decided to
pull a certification program and this is sort of a
campaign for it.

anyways let me get to some juice... a week back my hod
told me that he was
coming and i exclaimed back that he was a big
joke!...a lamer...and that the
first book was nothing but a rip off from GTMHH! but
since we did'nt invite
him and he invited himself with a fancy letter we had
to have him down.

whatever said...i was not keen on his arrival. on the
day of the seminar,
tuesday, i am asked to start with the introduction
speech for the
seminar...damn!..i was seriously hoping to escape but
being prez of the cse
dept thats not right is, it?

so we are sitting in the room back stage and ankit
arrives...he sat down
switches on his laptop, and goes through his stuff. a
reliance guy hands him
the mobile internet kit and begins to try and connect
online since he needs
it for his seminar. im jus watching.

problem begins. ankit is unable to configure the net
conn. he calls up
someone again from reliance... let me talk about the
conversation here. its
one way but you here the man speaking which is
essential enough for us!

"im unable to connect to the net"

"uh huh...ok... where is that...control panel?"

"wait a sec...let me reach there"

"ok now do i have to double click this?"

i had to excuse myself out... way too much to
handle.... i needed a smoke
and a laugh....

ultimately he was 30 min late... due to the complex,
intricate problems with
connecting to the world wide web and the crowd was
getting frantic, and
jittery

as one of you already pointed out- no code. none.

some of the essential demos you missed are!:
* using proxy's! (better kick yourself now)
* using anonymizer.com!
* forge an email (everyone got busy taking down notes
for the telnet cmd)
* using netbus (wow!)

i have no problems with the guy. my issue with him is
simple- if he tells me
he is a business man i ll shake his hand. congratulate
him in fact for
realizing such an obvious market which no one struck
before. but if he tells
me he is a hacker then thats crossing some line.

cheerio guys

nirmal thacker (yeah thats my surname!)