[Fsf-friends] GPLv3 awareness: transcripts of Stallman and Moglen

Ciaran O'Riordan ciaran@[EMAIL-PROTECTED]
Sat Apr 1 05:48:45 IST 2006

Hello everyone.

RMS recently gave a speech about GPLv3 in Italy.  It was a good speech, and
the Q&A was interesting, so I made a transcript:
http://fsfeurope.org/projects/gplv3/torino-rms-transcript.en.html

I also made a transcript of the long GPLv3 presentation given by Eben Moglen
on January 16th, when the draft of GPLv3 was first released:
http://www.ifso.ie/documents/gplv3-launch-2006-01-16.html

I made these as part of my work on FSFE's project to assist the GPLv3
consultation process, and I'm sending the links here because they might be
useful for people who are working on GPLv3 awareness in India.

When the GPLv3 process was launched, there were only two experts: Stallman
and Moglen.  We need information about GPLv3 to spread to every part of the
world, and we have a time limit, so hopefully the transcripts will:

1. Maximise the reach of the work of the two experts
2. Provide learning materials to make new experts (you!)

I also made a transcript of a short (25 minute) GPLv3 presentation which
Richard made at FOSDEM in February:
http://www.ifso.ie/documents/rms-gplv3-2006-02-25.html

On the GPLv3 wiki, I've made a page for collecting similar materials:
http://gplv3.fsf.org/wiki/index.php/Reusable_texts

And more info on FSFE's GPLv3 awareness work can be found here:
http://fsfeurope.org/projects/gplv3/gplv3.en.html

When I made these materials, I informed many free software communities in
Europe because that's where I'm active.  I didn't inform the free software
communities in India - I wouldn't know how.  Hopefully others here who wish
to help spread GPLv3 awareness will find these useful.

--
Ciarán O'Riordan ______________________ \    To support free software, join
http://ciaran.compsoc.com/ _____________ \     and tell others about FSFE's