[Fsf-friends] GNU/Linux workshop, Crescent Engineering College

Shakthi Kannan cyborg4k at yahoo.com
Tue Oct 25 19:53:15 CEST 2005

Greetings!

I would like to thank Prof. Raja Prabhu, Prof.
Bhaskar, Krishnaswamy (EEE), Prasanna (EEE) et. al. of
Crescent Engineering College, Chennai for the
opportunity to conduct a GNU/Linux workshop for their
IEEE Chapter on Saturday, October 22, 2005 at their
college premises.

The workshop had two sessions:

1. Alliance VLSI CAD Tools with GNU/Linux.

You can check out the simple code examples for VHDL
programming from here:

http://www.shakthimaan.com/downloads/glv/embedded-howto/

The session was meant to get students started on VHDL
and on introducing them to Alliance VLSI CAD tools.

http://www-asim.lip6.fr/recherche/alliance/

2. Embedded GNU/Linux Labs HOWTO:

This presentation is on how to get started on setting
up GNU/Linux labs for embedded, hardware and VLSI.

The presentation is available from:

http://www.shakthimaan.com/downloads/glv/embedded-howto/

I'll send the link for the photos after I upload them.

Regards,

SK

--
Shakthi Kannan, MS
Software Engineer, Specsoft (Hexaware Technologies)