[Fsf-friends] FOSS.IN is here - Are you IN?

Raj Shekhar rajshekhar at hotpop.com
Tue Oct 25 08:04:08 CEST 2005

in infinite wisdom Guntupalli Karunakar spoke thus  On 10/06/2005 09:46 PM:
> Hi all,
>
> Heads-up for anyone interested in Free & Open Source Software,
> FOSS.IN is here.

There were talks that FSFUG Bglr will try to set up a stall there and
spread awareness about GNU.  I think some one had mentioned that FSF
will get a free stall at that place. Are people still interested in it ?
 If yes, please count me in.

What can be demoed -

- Some kickass savannah projects
- Applications made using free programming languages
(dotgnu/php/perl/pyhton) - I doubt anyone else will be highlighting how
cool these languages are (on a sidenote, can we show off some cool perl6
project)
- Printouts of case studies that show free software rules
- Servers running debian doing cool stuff (like automatic IDS using
tripwire)

I am NOT in favor of giving out free cds - mainly because the
freeloaders will have a free day.  Maybe we can sell the complete Debian
DVDs (testing/stable/unstable)

What do others think ?
--
Raj Shekhar		           Y!IM : lunatech3007
blog : http://rajshekhar.net/blog  home : http://rajshekhar.net