[Fsf-friends] Brand Ambassador of Microsoft Inc

Ragavan Srinivasan ragava at gmail.com
Mon Oct 17 19:17:59 CEST 2005

On 10/17/05, doxa at sancharnet.in <doxa at sancharnet.in> wrote:

> Friends,
> The sudden discovery of an ambassador in Minister Dayanidhi Maran by
> Microsoft Inc is not surprising in the wake of the much touted training of
> teachers in Tamil Nadu (a project whose sibling met with an untimely death
> in Kerala, thanks to efforts of a few volunteer activists). But what is
> surprising is to see the Minister shamelessly sitting atop foolish
> advertisements of the corporate telling us *what ought to be the right way
> to address digital divide*. Perhaps it would do a world of good if someone
> from Tamilnadu retold the story of Don Quixote to the Minister (in its 400th
> year of celebrations).
> CK Raju
> Thrissur

You bring up a topic I have also been following closely and find equally
astonishing. I think it might actually be a good idea to invite Mr. Maran to
the FOSS.IN <http://FOSS.IN> conference < http://foss.in >and maybe even
organize a group of individuals to meet with him to discuss how India needs
to embrace free and open source software. I will suggest this on the
conference mailing list and see if this can be arranged.

Regards,
Ragavan